Presenting to Leadership & Other Decision Makers
Strategies for making a compelling case effectively and efficiently
Throughout the class, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life content.
Successful participants will learn to
- Engage executives by getting to the point immediately
- Frame their presentations using a simple organizational strategy and executive summary template
- Manage nervousness and speak with confidence
- Be clear, concise, and persuasive
- Think on their feet and answer questions with ease
- Gain self-awareness
- Create effective visuals to support key messages (or provide clear direction to support staff)
- Present content effectively, whether seated or standing, projected, or hard copy
- Gain alignment and set appropriate next steps
- Get the business of the presentation done effectively and efficiently
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
“The training went phenomenally well. Of the four classes in the leadership program, Turpin’s was the best. Very well received.” Kevin M., Lead Leadership Development Consultant, MITRE
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Options
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider this option:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.