Contributing to Executive-Level Meetings
Keeping your cool when the stakes are high
Taught by two instructors, this workshop uses video-recorded exercises and private instructor-led video review to help participants gain awareness of how they are perceived.
Successful participants learn to
- Engage executives in a comfortable, flexible conversation
- Manage nervousness and speak with confidence
- Deliver an executive summary or project update
- Speak up, add value, and remain engaged as a meeting participant
- Gain self-awareness
- Be appropriately assertive and specific without becoming overbearing
- Be clear, concise, and persuasive
- Think on their feet
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Handle questions, comments, and pushback with ease
- Project professionalism, even in pressure-cooker situations
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Option
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider this option:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.