Managing High-Stakes Team Meetings
How to lead, how to contribute
Sad but true: Most meetings don’t move business forward as effectively or efficiently as they should. There are as many reasons for this as there are meetings that go off the rails.
We think that you, your team, your clients, and your business deserve something better.
In this session, we’ll discuss the fact that both meeting facilitators and every attendee share a responsibility for making meetings as effective and efficient as possible. This is more than advice such as “show up on time and turn off your phones.” For meeting facilitators, this is about creating and maintaining the conditions for a fruitful conversation. For meeting attendees, this is about contributing fully.
During the session, we’ll introduce “Ground Rules for Effective Meetings,” a tool designed to be hung in conference rooms, and examine how to
- Establish trust and goodwill
- Provide relevance and context
- Control the meeting and encourage participation
- Be present
- Listen, probe, and contribute
- Be appropriately assertive and show up as the expert
- Value the input of others
- Think on your feet, deal with pushback, and handle difficult situations
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Copies of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined may be included for each attendee.