Leading Effective Meetings 201
Advanced skills for managers
Throughout the class, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® and examine their role in fostering team collaboration during meetings.
Successful participants will learn to
- Engage team members in a comfortable, business-focused conversation
- Frame the meeting using a simple organizational strategy designed to communicate the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Address questions, concerns, and pushback with confidence
- Manage disengaged, emotional, and hostile attendees
- Keep the meeting on track
- Use projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Encourage participation while controlling the process
- Close the meeting, set appropriate next steps, and assign responsibilities
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
- Coach their direct reports to communicate more effectively
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
“This has been one of the best training that I have received. I learned better structure that I can carry with me to reduce time to create presentations. In addition, I learned that I present well, and I need to have confidence in my ability.” Zakiah M., Regional Manager, Medline
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.