Presenting in the Virtual Environment
Transferring your face-to-face skills to the online world
Throughout this series of virtual sessions and on-demand modules, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life content.
Participants will learn to
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Engage attendees in a comfortable, flexible conversation while being clear, concise, and interesting
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Frame the presentation using a simple strategy so that attendees understand direction, purpose, context, and why they should participate
- Create (or modify existing) visual aids to support key messages
- Deliver visuals effectively and manage listener focus
- Weave in stories to enhance engagement
- Think on their feet and facilitate fruitful interactions with attendees
- Lean on a host to manage technology on the back end
- Nurture relationships and be the type of person others want to meet with
- Get the business of the presentation done effectively and efficiently
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Option
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider this option:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.