The Virtual Subject Matter Expert
Advanced skills for delivering training online
Throughout this series of virtual sessions and on-demand modules, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life virtual training content.
Participants will learn to
- Understand their dual role as experts and as facilitators of learning
- Engage attendees in a comfortable, flexible learning conversation
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Frame the training using a simple strategy so that learners understand direction, purpose, context, and why they should participate
- Be clear and concise
- Create (or modify existing) visual aids to support key messages
- Deliver visuals effectively and manage learner focus
- Weave in stories to enhance engagement
- Think on their feet and facilitate fruitful interactions with attendees
- Use virtual tools, including video, to enhance learning and maximize engagement
- Bring out reluctant or disengaged learners
- Set up, run, and debrief learning activities
- Lean on a host to manage technology on the back end
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Option
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider these options:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Dress Rehearsal Coaching: To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post-workshop coaching. These sessions (conducted virtually and treated like a dress rehearsal) are an excellent way to prepare for the next big training session. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust. Additional fees apply.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.