Technical Presentations for Non-Technical Audiences
Presenting data for maximum impact
Throughout the class, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life technical presentations. Each presenter’s audience may vary – from small or large in-person groups to remote or hybrid environments.
Successful participants will learn to
- Take a less-is-more approach by trimming data, simplifying content, and streamlining messages
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Frame their presentations so that they are listener-focused
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Engage listeners in a comfortable, flexible conversation while being clear and concise
- Use projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Use the power of story to simplify and enhance key messages
- Think on their feet and answer questions with ease
- Read the audience to know when they are lost or when it’s time to move on
- Facilitate fruitful interactions with listeners
- Get the business of the presentation done effectively and efficiently
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
“Thank you for all of your help. Organizing presentation content can be overwhelming, but your framework is going to help tremendously. And thanks for being so kind and supportive while constructively critiquing!” Kelsey M., James Hardie
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Options
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider these options:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Dress Rehearsal Coaching: To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post-workshop coaching. These sessions, usually conducted virtually and treated like a dress rehearsal, are an excellent way to prepare for the next big presentation. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust. Additional fees apply.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.