Mastering Team Presentations
Collaboration strategies for preparing and delivering team presentations
Throughout the class, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life presentations. Each team’s audience may vary – from small or large in-person groups to remote or hybrid environments.
Successful participants in this workshop will learn to
- Collaborate with team members to get themselves prepared
- Frame their presentations so that they set context and provide a reason for others to participate
- Create effective visual aids to support key messages
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Engage listeners in a comfortable, flexible conversation
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Be clear and concise
- Use projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Think on their feet
- Weave stories into their presentations when appropriate
- Facilitate fruitful interactions among all attendees, including other team members
- Work with teammates to have each other’s back and appear cohesive and respectful of each other
- Get the business of the presentation done effectively and efficiently
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
“You guys rock. I will use you again. Very supportive – I saw my team grow extremely well in the last 3 days.” Shelley A., VP of Internal Audit, James Hardie
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Options
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider these options:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Dress Rehearsal Coaching: To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post-workshop coaching. These sessions (usually conducted virtually and treated like a dress rehearsal) are an excellent way to prepare for the next big presentation. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust. Additional fees apply.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.