High-stakes Team Meetings
Collaborating to prepare and facilitate client meetings
Throughout the class, participants learn to apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® while working on their own real-life high-stakes team meetings. Each attendees’ audience may vary – from small or large in-person groups to remote or hybrid environments.
Successful participants will learn to
- Work as a team to prepare for the meeting using a tailored meeting planner
- Engage meeting attendees in a comfortable outcome-oriented conversation
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Frame the meeting to communicate the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Address questions, concerns, and pushback with confidence
- Manage disengaged, emotional, and hostile attendees
- Keep the meeting on track
- Weave stories into their meetings when appropriate
- Use projected, hand-held, or hard copy visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Encourage participation while controlling the process
- Work with teammates to have each other’s back and appear cohesive and respectful of each other
- Close the meeting, set appropriate next steps, and assign responsibilities
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
“Just a quick note to tell you again how much we enjoyed our training and what a benefit we are reaping! We had a team meeting this week and we reviewed our presentations since training. We had made some improvement but the real call out is that we quickly recognized where we could improve even more. Our motto is “Turpinize”! We continue to reap benefits from the training.” Sandra S., Director National Agency Sales, Kellogg Convenience
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.