Leading Effective Virtual Meetings
Fundamental skills for people new to the virtual environment
Throughout this series of virtual sessions and on-demand modules, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life virtual meetings.
Successful participants will learn to
- Engage meeting attendees in the conversation taking place
- Speak with confidence
- Frame the meeting using a simple organizational strategy so that attendees understand the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas and facilitate the interaction
- Answer questions with confidence
- Keep the meeting on track
- Set appropriate next steps
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
- Apply the Ground Rules for Effective Meetings and encourage meeting attendees to do the same
- Nurture relationships and be the type of person others want to meet with
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Option
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider this option:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.