One-on-one instruction for improving public speaking skills
Regardless of the specific plan, which always involves real-life content, the overarching goal of this work will be to assess and build on your existing skill set to help you project confidence, think on your feet, and handle the give and take of interactive presentations. We want you to be the most effective public speaker you can be. The issues targeted will be unique to your situation; however, the following is a list of what we typically work on.
- Establishing and meeting audience-specific presentation outcomes
- Streamlining organization
- Developing slides that trigger the right thoughts during delivery
- Connecting with listeners and engaging them in the conversation
- Ensuring a polished and professional demeanor, including verbal and physical delivery
- Communicating effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Delivering slides clearly and persuasively
- Listening well
- Answering questions with ease
- Remaining flexible while managing audience interactions
- Gaining self-awareness for how you come across to others
- Using visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Using virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
During the coaching sessions, you will be video recorded. The video will be reviewed immediately after it is made. Through this process, you’ll identify what’s working and pinpoint areas to improve. This will help you achieve the objectivity you need to succeed. Through various exercises, you’ll work on skills and techniques that work uniquely for you.
We recommend a minimum of two sessions after the chemistry meeting. The number of additional sessions, if any, will be determined as we go along.
“My BOD presentation went very well; I received positive feedback from the CEO and the BOD. Thank you for your coaching it made a huge impact.” John Kiernan, SVP & CFO, Veeco Instruments Inc.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps learners understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in coaching to the variety of situations they face outside of it.