Executive Presence Private Coaching
Projecting your unique brand through leadership communication
- 360 Assessment & Coaching: You participate in the Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI), a 360 assessment, which provides leaders with an in-depth analysis of their ability to influence business outcomes. During the coaching process, which at this point focuses exclusively on presence, the perceptions of important stakeholders – peers, direct reports, and managers – are compared with your self-perceptions in order to identify strengths, needs, and gaps. Through this process, which is based on the work of Suzanne Bates, author of All the Leader You Can Be: The Science of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence, you’ll gain a clear understanding of what Executive Presence means for you, how it affects others, and how it shows up in everyday business conversations, meetings, and presentations.
- Communication Coaching: Building on the 360 assessment and coaching, work will shift to polishing your communication skills during meetings and presentations. The overarching goal of this work will be to assess and build on your existing skill set to help you communicate clearly and project your own brand of executive presence. We want you to be the most effective speaker and leader you can be. The issues targeted will be unique to your situation; however, the following is a list of what we typically work on.
Executive Presence & Communication Coaching Goals
- Growing self-awareness of the 15 facets of your executive presence
- Gaining insight into how your intentions compare to others’ perceptions
- Recognizing when and how to flex your communication style to improve how others perceive you
- Nurturing relationships with others through effective and efficient communication
- Establishing and meeting audience-specific outcomes
- Streamlining the organization of meetings and presentations, including working with input from others
- Developing slides that support you during delivery
- Tailoring messages to specific audiences
- Managing anxiety around delivering bad news
- Engaging listeners in the conversation
- Communicating effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Influencing others through storytelling
- Remaining flexible while managing audience interactions
- Listening well and reserving judgment
- Using visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Using virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Facilitating conversations that occur during meetings and presentations
During the communication coaching sessions, you will be video recorded. Each video will be reviewed immediately after it is made. Through this process, you’ll identify what’s working and pinpoint areas to improve. This will help you achieve the objectivity you need to succeed. Through various exercises, you’ll work on skills and techniques that work uniquely for you.
NOTE: All of our executive coaches hold the Bates ExPI™ (Executive Presence Index) Coaching Certification.
Attendees receive a copy of
- The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
- All the Leader You Can Be
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps learners understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in coaching to the variety of situations they face outside of it.