Executive Presence Private Coaching
Projecting your unique brand through leadership communication
- 360 Assessment & Coaching: You participate in the Bates Executive Presence Index (ExPI), a 360 assessment, which provides leaders with an in-depth analysis of their ability to influence business outcomes. During the coaching process, which at this point focuses exclusively on presence, the perceptions of important stakeholders – peers, direct reports, and managers – are compared with your self-perceptions in order to identify strengths, needs, and gaps. Through this process, which is based on the work of Suzanne Bates, author of All the Leader You Can Be: The Science of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence, you’ll gain a clear understanding of what Executive Presence means for you, how it affects others, and how it shows up in everyday business conversations, meetings, presentations, and interviews.
- Communication Coaching: Building on the 360 assessment and coaching, work will shift to polishing your communication skills during meetings, presentations, and/or interviews. The overarching goal of this work will be to assess and build on your existing skill set to help you communicate clearly and project your own brand of executive presence. We want you to be the most effective speaker and leader you can be. The issues targeted will be unique to your situation; however, the following is a list of what we typically work on.
Executive Presence & Communication Coaching Goals
- Growing self-awareness of the 15 facets of your executive presence
- Gaining insight into how your intentions compare to others’ perceptions
- Recognizing when and how to flex your communication style to improve how others perceive you
- Nurturing relationships with others through effective and efficient communication
- Establishing and meeting audience-specific outcomes
- Streamlining the organization of meetings and presentations, including working with input from others
- Developing slides that support you during delivery
- Tailoring messages to specific audiences
- Managing anxiety around delivering bad news
- Engaging listeners in the conversation
- Communicating effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Influencing others through storytelling
- Remaining flexible while managing audience interactions
- Listening well and reserving judgment
- Using visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtual, seated or standing
- Using virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Facilitating conversations that occur during meetings and presentations
During the communication coaching sessions, you will be video recorded. Each video will be reviewed immediately after it is made. Through this process, you’ll identify what’s working and pinpoint areas to improve. This will help you achieve the objectivity you need to succeed. Through various exercises, you’ll work on skills and techniques that work uniquely for you.
NOTE: All of our executive coaches hold the Bates ExPI™ (Executive Presence Index) Coaching Certification.
Attendees receive a copy of
- The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
- All the Leader You Can Be