Presenting at Conferences
Demonstrating thought leadership on the speaking circuit
Throughout the class, participants apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life conference presentations.
Participants in this dress-rehearsal workshop learn to
- Demonstrate thought leadership
- Be appropriately energetic and persuasive without a heavy-handed sales approach
- Grasp quickly who is in the audience and modify their presentations on the fly in order to meet the needs of each specific group
- Create (or modify existing) visual aids to support key messages
- Gain self-awareness
- Engage attendees in a comfortable, flexible conversation while being clear and concise
- Weave in stories to enhance engagement
- Use visuals effectively
- Think on their feet so that they can answer questions and address interruptions confidently
- Facilitate fruitful interactions with attendees
- Demonstrate expertise when sitting on a panel discussion
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Options
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider this option:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results for your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.