Meeting & Facilitation Skills Training
High-Stakes Team Meetings
High-stakes Team Meetings
Collaborating to prepare for and facilitate client meetings
Throughout the class, participants learn to apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation while working on their own real-life high-stakes team meetings.
Participants in this training for high-stakes meetings learn to
- Work as a team to prepare for the meeting using a tailored meeting planner
- Engage meeting attendees in a comfortable outcome-oriented conversation
- Frame the meeting to communicate the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Address questions, concerns, and pushback with confidence
- Manage disengaged, emotional, and hostile attendees
- Keep the meeting on track
- Weave stories into their meetings when appropriate
- Deliver content using slides, tablets, or handouts
- Encourage participation while controlling the process
- Work with teammates to have each other’s back and appear cohesive and respectful of each other
- Close the meeting, set appropriate next steps, and assign responsibilities
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Options
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and providing support after.
Training for Virtual Meetings: The skills required to lead a virtual meeting are an extension of the skills required in face-to-face situations. If your team meets virtually, consider adding a virtual post-workshop session to help them be more successful in the online environment.
Dress Rehearsal Coaching: To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post-workshop coaching. This hour-long one-on-one follow-up takes place virtually and may be conducted any time after the workshop. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results to your team and company.
Private Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback, is an essential element to this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.