Closing the Deal
Facilitating high-stakes meetings that move business forward
Throughout the class, participants, whether presenting in teams or solo, apply the principles of The Orderly Conversation® to their own real-life sales meetings. Each person’s audience may vary – from small or large in-person groups to remote or hybrid environments.
- Engage buyers and create the conditions for a fruitful, results-oriented conversation
- Establish trust and nurture relationships
- Frame their sales meetings so that they are listener-focused and persuasive
- Support key messages
- Communicate effectively face-to-face, virtually, and in hybrid situations
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Be clear, concise, and appropriately persuasive
- Use visuals effectively, whether face-to-face or virtually, seated, standing, hand-held, or hard copy
- Use virtual tools, including video, for maximum engagement
- Weave stories into their sales meetings when appropriate
- Lead with benefits supported by features
- Listen (and hear)
- Remain nimble, think on their feet, and address buyer concerns as they surface
- Set appropriate next steps to move the sale forward
Attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined
“You didn’t just help us sell our service or idea, you instilled a sense of confidence that will carry forward into all our work.” Leah T., Volunteer Program Manager, St. Joseph Food Program
Additional Post-Workshop Skill-Reinforcement Options
In addition to the skill-reinforcement resources included in eCoach, consider these options:
Manager Support Program: Managers play a critical role in helping employees apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it. To help managers support the learning, and when appropriate to do so, we provide guidance for setting expectations prior to the workshop and for providing support after.
Dress Rehearsal Coaching: To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post-workshop coaching. These sessions (usually conducted virtually and treated like a dress rehearsal) are an excellent way to prepare for the next big presentation. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust. Additional fees apply.
Communication Training Yields Business Results
We believe that business communication training must focus on business results: making work easier, employees more successful, workplaces more cooperative, and goals more attainable.
Getting Business Done and Growing Leadership Capability: Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases and careers advance. This brings positive results for your team and company.
Private Coaching and Video Review: Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element of this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses). As they grow their self-awareness, they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.