No-nonsense techniques for providing value, communicating relevance, and meeting business objectivesThis mastery-level interactive workshop polishes the skills necessary to facilitate adult learning. While working on their real-life training content, participants are asked to examine their training habits and assumptions. Work focuses on gaining self-awareness and taking skills to the next level. This includes presenting content, being efficient in the training room, facilitating group discussion, setting up and debriefing exercises, and providing productive learner feedback.
Taught by two instructors, this class includes video recorded in-class exercises followed by private instructor-led video review. This approach helps each participant understand and work with their unique approach to the process. This workshop will help participants:
- Engage learners in a productive and efficient learning conversation
- Frame the training with clear expectations and learning objectives so that learners understand why they should participate and how it applies to the work they do
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas and facilitate the learning process
- Deliver visuals effectively (even when prepared by others) including slides, handouts, charts, and white boards
- Be concise
- Listen effectively to connect dots and identify common themes
- Encourage and control discussions
- Document discussions using flip charts or whiteboards
- Work with scribes and co-facilitators
- Manage difficult people and situations
- Set up and debrief learning activities
- Provide productive learner feedback using the Turpin Communication SORT Coaching Model
- Ensure that business objectives are met
Facilitation Training for Experienced Trainers includes pre-work and access to eCoach. Participants receive reusable job aids, reference materials, and their own in-class videos to help reinforce what they learn in class. All attendees receive a copy of The Orderly Conversation: Business Presentations Redefined.
Private Coaching and Video Review
Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element to this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses) and grow their self-awareness so that they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.
Post Workshop Coaching
To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post workshop coaching. This hour-long, one-on-one follow-up takes place virtually and may be conducted any time after the workshop. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust.
As part of the tailoring process, Turpin works with clients to understand the specific needs of each group of individuals and modifies the workshop accordingly. If training materials don’t exist prior to the workshop, we help participants with the instructional design process.
This is a mastery-level workshop and is designed for experienced trainers.
Recommended Experience LevelAdvanced
Duration: 3 days
Maximum Enrollment: 8
Number of Instructors: 2
Degree of Coaching
High. Coaching occurs in the main classroom, and one-on-one coaching follows every in-class exercise.
Participants complete an online needs assessment.
Provided through eCoach.
Optional post-workshop coaching is available.
For More Information