Advanced skills for delivering training onlineThis series of two-hour virtual training sessions is designed to help Subject Matter Experts understand their dual roles in the virtual training environment: expert and facilitator of learning. While working on real-life training content, participants will practice presenting content, facilitating group discussion, and setting up and debriefing exercises.
Like all Turpin sessions, this one is interactive and provides experiential learning opportunities for all participants. This workshop, usually spread over 4 sessions, is highly tailored for each client and the virtual platform they use. Throughout the sessions, participants learn to
- Understand their dual role as experts and as facilitators of learning
- Engage learners in a productive learning conversation
- Frame the training with clear expectations and learning objectives so that learners understand why they should participate and how the training applies to the work they do
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas and facilitate the learning process
- Deliver visual aids effectively (even content prepared by others)
- Be concise
- Listen effectively
- Facilitate fruitful interactions with attendees
- Bring out reluctant or disengaged learners
- Use video conferencing for maximum engagement
- Incorporate virtual platform tools to advance learning
- Lean on a host (also referred to as a producer or moderator) to manage technology on the back end
Participants receive reusable job aids and reference materials to help them apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it.
During the tailoring process, Turpin modifies the workshop to meet the specific needs of the business and each individual attending the training.
This series of virtual workshops is designed for trainers who have experience in live, face-to-face situations but need help transitioning to the virtual environment. Not everyone needs to be at the same level. Often a wide range of skills and experience provides the richest learning environment.
Recommended Experience LevelAdvanced
Duration: 4 two-hour sessions
Maximum Enrollment: 6
Number of Instructors: 1 (plus a host)
Degree of Coaching
Low. Coaching takes place during group exercises only.
Participants complete an online needs assessment and submit a sample of their training content.
For More Information