Transferring your face-to-face skills to the online worldThis series of two-hour virtual training sessions is designed to help experienced presenters transfer their existing skills to the virtual environment.
Participants work with their own real-life content and slides. Like all Turpin sessions, this one is interactive and provides experiential learning opportunities for all participants. This workshop, usually spread over 4 sessions, is highly tailored for each client and the virtual platform that they use. Throughout the sessions, participants learn to
- Create (or modify existing) visual aids to support key messages
- Manage nervousness and gain self-awareness
- Engage attendees in a comfortable, flexible conversation while being clear and concise
- Frame the presentation using a simple strategy so that attendees understand direction, purpose, context, and why they should participate
- Use visuals effectively
- Think on their feet and facilitate fruitful interactions with attendees
- Use webinar tools and technology judiciously, including video, for maximum engagement
- Lean on a host (also referred to as a producer or moderator) to manage technology on the back end
- Get the business of the presentation done effectively and efficiently
Getting Business Done & Growing Leadership Capability
Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases, and careers advance. This brings positive results for your team and company.
Participants receive reusable job aids and reference materials to help them apply what they learn in class to the situations they face outside of it.
During the tailoring process, Turpin modifies the workshop to meet the specific needs of your business and each individual attending the training.
NOTE: We assume that slides and other materials have already been created. If this is not the case, slide and message development can be included in the class through the tailoring process.
This series of virtual workshops is designed for business presenters who have experience presenting face-to-face but need help transitioning to the virtual environment. Not everyone needs to be at the same level. Often a wide range of skills and experience provides the richest learning environment.
Recommended Experience LevelAdvanced
Duration: 4 two-hour sessions
Maximum Enrollment: 10
Number of Instructors: 1 and a webinar host
Degree of Coaching
Low. Coaching takes place during group exercises only.
Participants complete an online needs assessment and submit the presentation they’ll work on in class.
For More Information