When group classes are inappropriate or too difficult to schedule, we offer individual executive coaching to help upper-level executives improve their communication skills and meet their goals.
The first step in the process is a phone meeting between you (the executive) and one of our presentation coaches. We call this phone call the “chemistry meeting.” It’s important to the success of the engagement that both parties are comfortable working together and that mutual trust and respect are present. Following the chemistry meeting, goals of the engagement will be established, options will be discussed, and an action plan will be put in place.
Regardless of the specific plan, which always involves real-life content, the overarching goal of this work will be to assess and build on your existing skill set to help you project confidence and executive presence. We want you to be the most effective speaker you can be. The issues targeted will be unique to your situation; however, the following is a list of what we typically work on.
- Establishing and meeting audience-specific presentation outcomes
- Streamlining the organization and slide development phase, including working with input from others
- Developing slides that trigger the right thoughts during delivery
- Identifying techniques to easily tailor presentations to specific audiences
- Engaging listeners in the conversation
- Ensuring a polished and professional executive presence
- Delivering slides clearly and persuasively
- Remaining flexible while managing audience interactions
- Listening well and reserving judgment
- Facilitating conversations that occur during presentations
During the coaching sessions, you will be video recorded. The video will be reviewed immediately after it is made. Through this process, you’ll identify what’s working and pinpoint areas to improve. This will help you achieve the objectivity you need to succeed. Through various exercises, you’ll work on skills and techniques that work uniquely for you.
We recommend a minimum of two half-day sessions after the chemistry meeting. The number of additional sessions, if any, will be determined as we go along.