Advanced skills for managersThis mastery-level workshop provides participants with the skills, tools, and techniques they need to run productive and efficient internal and external business meetings.
During this class, participants will work on a real-life upcoming meeting. This workshop uses video-recorded exercises and private video review to help participants identify and develop the skills they need to succeed. Workshop participants learn to
- Engage meeting attendees in a comfortable, business-focused conversation
- Frame the meeting using a simple organizational strategy designed to communicate the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Address questions, concerns, and pushback with confidence
- Manage disengaged, emotional, and hostile attendees
- Keep the meeting on track
- Deliver content using slides, tablets, or handouts
- Encourage participation while controlling the process
- Close the meeting, set appropriate next steps, and assign responsibilities
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Getting Business Done & Growing Leadership Capability
Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases, and careers advance. This brings positive results for your team and company.
Leading Effective Meetings 201 includes pre-work and access to eCoach. Participants receive reusable job aids, reference materials, and their own in-class videos to help reinforce what they learn in class.
During the tailoring process, Turpin modifies the workshop to meet the specific needs of your business and the individuals attending the training.
This is a mastery-level workshop for managers with experience running meetings. Not everyone needs to be at the same level. Often a wide range of skills and experience provides the richest learning environment.
Recommended Experience LevelIntermediate
Duration: 1.5 days
Maximum Enrollment: 8
Number of Instructors: 1
Degree of Coaching
Low. Coaching takes place during group exercises only.
Participants complete an online needs assessment and submit an agenda for the meeting they’ll work on in class.
Provided through eCoach.
For More Information