Developing training for struggle-free deliveryThis mastery-level workshop provides instructional designers the guidance they need to modify training slide decks to make them easy for others (including Subject Matter Experts) to deliver.
During the class, participants work on their real-life training decks. They will, at times, deliver content they’ve designed to develop an understanding of how design must support delivery. Throughout this process, they work together to modify the slides in real-time. Workshop participants learn to
- Accept the fact that trainers and learners are “busy people at work,” and that it’s their job to make the task of training and learning as easy as possible
- Design training with an eye on delivery by someone else
- Implement easy modifications to make slides easy for others to deliver
- Identify and adapt to trainers’ strengths and weaknesses
- Make it easy for trainers to set context and provide learners with immediate relevance and application back on the job
- Design activities for successful execution
- Design for flexibility by giving trainers alternate delivery methods
- Make special accommodations when designing for SMEs
- Apply these concepts to their future instructional design projects
During the tailoring process, Turpin modifies the workshop to meet the specific needs of your business and the individuals attending the training.
This is a mastery-level workshop for experienced or accidental Talent Development professionals. Not everyone needs to be at the same level. Often a wide range of skills and experience provides the richest learning experience.
Recommended Experience LevelAdvanced
Duration: 1 day
Maximum Enrollment: 20
Number of Instructors: 1
Degree of Coaching
Low. Coaching occurs in the main classroom only.
Participants complete an online needs assessment.
For More Information