Collaborating to prepare for and facilitate client meetingsThis mastery-level workshop provides account teams with the skills, tools, and techniques they need to prepare for and run productive, efficient external team meetings.
During the class, participants work on their real-life upcoming meetings. This workshop uses video-recorded exercises and private video review to help participants identify the skills they need to grow self-awareness and succeed. Workshop participants learn to
- Work as a team to prepare for the meeting using a tailored meeting planner
- Engage meeting attendees in a comfortable outcome-oriented conversation
- Frame the meeting to communicate the meeting’s (1) purpose, (2) direction, and (3) context
- Create the conditions for a fruitful exchange of ideas
- Address questions, concerns, and pushback with confidence
- Manage disengaged, emotional, and hostile attendees
- Keep the meeting on track
- Deliver content using slides, tablets, or handouts
- Encourage participation while controlling the process
- Work with teammates to have each other’s back and appear cohesive and respectful of each other
- Close the meeting, set appropriate next steps, and assign responsibilities
- Get the business of the meeting done effectively and efficiently
Getting Business Done & Growing Leadership Capability
Everything we do is designed to help people get business done and grow their capabilities. While a particular workshop may focus on a specific business goal—closing a deal, making a decision, learning something new, or gaining alignment—every workshop is designed to help the participants be more comfortable, effective, and confident communicators. When employees communicate more effectively, leadership capability increases, and careers advance. This brings positive results for your team and company.
High-stakes Team Meetings takes advantage of executive role-plays to maximize the benefit of practice. Turpin provides advice for selecting the most effective executive(s) at your organization. This workshop includes pre-work and access to eCoach. Participants receive reusable job aids, reference materials, and their own in-class videos to help reinforce what they learn in class.
Private Coaching and Video Review
Capturing learners on video as they work on their real-life content, which is followed by private video playback and coaching, is an essential element to this training. It helps workshop participants understand their natural strengths (and weaknesses) and grow their self-awareness so that they can apply what they learn in class to the variety of situations they face outside of it.
Post Workshop Coaching
To help workshop participants succeed, especially when the stakes are high, consider adding post workshop coaching. This hour-long, private or group follow-up takes place virtually and may be conducted any time after the workshop. Individuals always work with one of the instructors from their workshop to ensure continuity and mutual trust.
During the tailoring process, Turpin modifies the workshop to meet the specific needs of your business, the team(s), and the individuals attending the training.
This is a mastery-level workshop for account teams who present together in high-stakes client-facing situations. Not everyone needs to be at the same level. Often a wide range of skills and experience provides the richest learning experience.
Recommended Experience LevelAdvanced
Duration: 2 days
Maximum Enrollment: 10
Number of Instructors: 2
Degree of Coaching
High. Coaching occurs in the main classroom, and private or team coaching follows every in-class exercise.
Participants complete an online needs assessment.
Provided through eCoach.
Optional post-workshop coaching is available.
For More Information