Supporting the Homeless in Chicago
Turpin Cares is a philanthropic project sponsored by Turpin Communication. On a regular basis our employees and “friendlies” get together to assemble care packages for the homeless in Chicago. We distribute the bags through shelters and by handing them out one-by-one when we see someone in need.
Each care package is loaded into a reusable tote and contains:
- Items to provide comfort, including hand-knit hats and scarves, socks, and gloves (in the winter months)
- Packaged food
- Items to help with hygiene and first aid
Interested in getting involved? Thanks, we’d love the help!
- Browse the Amazon wish list.
- Make a donation.
- Learn more about the project at this Google spreadsheet.
- Hand-knit or crochet hats and scarves.
All donations may be sent to 1721 West 102nd Street, Chicago, IL 60643
Turpin Cares has begun reaching out to other organizations to help them achieve their mission. The growing list of recipients includes:
- The “Blue House” at Morgan Park High School
- Almost Home Chicago
- Inspiration Corporation
- The Chicagoland Compassion Connection
- Joshua Ministries Shelter
- Mount Zion Evangelical Lutheran Church of Oak Lawn
Do you represent a shelter or other non-profit organization that would like to explore ways to partner with us? Contact Greg Owen-Boger at email@example.com
Pictured are Greg Owen-Boger, Turpin’s VP, along with several Turpin employees and “friendlies” with 40 care packages for distribution in August 2017.