Supporting the Homeless in Chicago
Turpin Cares is a philanthropic project sponsored by Turpin Communication. On a regular basis our employees and “friendlies” get together to assemble care packages for the homeless in Chicago. We distribute the bags through shelters and by handing them out one-by-one when we see someone in need.
Each care package is loaded into a reusable tote and contains:
- Items to provide comfort, including hand-knit hats and scarves, socks, and gloves (in the winter months)
- Packaged food
- Items to help with hygiene and first aid
Interested in getting involved? Thanks, we’d love the help. Go to this Google spreadsheet to learn how you can donate time or goods. Donate funds here.
Turpin Cares has begun reaching out to other organizations to help them achieve their mission. The growing list of recipients includes:
- The “Blue House” at Morgan Park High School
- Inspiration Corporation
- The Chicagoland Compassion Connection
- Joshua Ministries Shelter
Do you represent a shelter or other non-profit organization that would like to explore ways to partner with us? Contact Greg Owen-Boger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pictured is Greg Owen-Boger, Turpin’s VP, with 25 care packages for distribution in December 2016.